If you have been experiencing pain that is associated with your central or peripheral nervous system, then you need to find the right solutions for healing it. There are many treatment methods that may be recommended to you, both holistic as well as medical but you will need to consider all of your options before you start any extensive treatment methods. There are times when holistic methods may solve the pain but there are also times when you may need to call in a neurosurgeon to the case.
Issues with your central or peripheral nervous system include problems that can arise within the brain, spine, and neck. These are issues that can cause extreme pain and can also be nerve related, thus needing to be treated sooner than later. There are other instances such as tumors in your brain or on your spinal cord that also must be addressed right away. These are the times that you will need to see a neurosurgeon.
If you are debating whether seeing a neurosurgeon is the right option for you, then you need to consider both the pros and the cons for visiting a neurosurgeon. Listed here are the pros and cons for choosing to see a neurosurgeon:
Here are the pros:
- You can solve the problem. You may be able to resolve all of your issues and resume a normal life again and normal activities.
- It doesn’t always mean that you will need surgery. You may need to have surgery when visiting a neurosurgeon but they will try all other conservative treatments.
- You can either lessen your pain or fix the problem completely.
- It may save your life. If you are in need of brain or spine surgery, then seeing a neurosurgeon as soon as possible may save your life.
Here are the cons:
- It will cost you! Of course, it will cost you if you need to see a neurosurgeon as neurosurgery is not cheap.
- It may not solve your problem. You may need to have multiple surgeries or other options as well if one doesn’t work or solve your pain. Unfortunately, this is something that you will need to consider ahead of time and discuss with your neurosurgeon before you schedule your surgery.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons to seeing a neurosurgeon and you will want to find the right options that will work best for you. If you want to see a neurosurgeon, then you will want to get a referral from your doctor or neurologist in order to find the right one for you. You will also want to take matters into your own hands and do your own research in order to really find the right options for you.
If you want to go with the best of the best, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They are the leading experts in spinal care and can help you find the right solutions for your needs.